Orlando’s source for a solid foundation
in swing dancing!
This six-week series class is designed to give you all the fundamentals of swing dancing, plus some great moves and variations. The class will feature the 6-count swing dance basic and progress into a variety of moves, turns, and combos. The goal of the class is to make you a strong dancer that is knowledgeable and feels confident on the dance floor. To do this, the class will introduce solid lead/follow techniques and explain how the dance works as opposed to memorizing steps.
From the basics, you will learn turning techniques, double turns, tuck turns, kicks, sugar pushes, and more. The class will focus on all 6-count moves from a Lindy Hop styling perspective, however, these moves and techniques apply to almost all styles of swing dancing. Each class will build upon information from the previous class to continuously further your knowledge week by week. Classes will be an hour long followed by a half hour of practice, questions, and individual help.
No previous dance experience is needed and no partner is required; individuals and couples welcome!
- Step by step, week by week instruction to make learning easy
- One hour of instruction per class plus a half hour of help/question time
- Learn solid lead/follow principals
- Progress from the 6-count swing dance basic to a variety of moves
- Learn moves that add style and strengthen the basics
- Concentration on dance dynamics
- Learn from experienced instructors teaching as a finely-tuned, cohesive team
- Class goal is to get you comfortable and confident on the dance floor!
Price & Registration:Â Advance registration is now closed. You may still register for the class by showing up and paying the Day-of rate ($80) by either cash or check (no credit or debit cards can be accepted). For questions, please call 407-766-9849 or email lessons@FlyinFootwork.com.
DVD Review: A DVD review of the class is available for $15. The DVD contains all the core material covered in the class so you can practice exactly what you learn at home. When you register with the DVD review option, your video will be available for you when you check in on the first day of class.
Quotes and Comments
“Rob and Dawn are focused professionals who keep the classes fun as well as interesting with their world-class knowledge of the history and culture of the dance and music.”
- Mike Posted to The A-List