The most comprehensive Lindy Hop class in Orlando & Central Florida!
Lindy Hop (also known as Jitterbug) is the original form of swing dancing, popularized in the 30s and 40s. This six-week series will cover all the essential moves and variations of Lindy Hop. The class will feature both the 6 and 8 count basics including the whip/swing out. There will be a strong concentration on technique and connection to give you a solid foundation in the dance. Good technique will provide the groundwork to feel comfortable on the dance floor and to continue to advance your dancing in the future. Each class will build upon information from the previous class to continuously further your knowledge week by week. Classes will be an hour long followed by a half hour of practice, questions, and individual help. Previous dance experience is helpful, but not required. No partner needed; individuals and couples welcome! Class highlights:
- Step by step, week by week instruction to make learning easy
- One hour of instruction per class plus a half hour of help/question time
- Learn solid lead/follow principals
- Progress from the 6-count to 8-count basic
- Learn moves that add style and strengthen the basics
- Concentration on dance dynamics
- Learn from experienced instructors teaching as a finely-tuned, cohesive team
- Class goal is to get you comfortable on the dance floor with Lindy Hop!
Price & Registration: Advance registration is now closed. You may still register for the class by showing up and paying the Day-of rate ($80) by either cash or check (no credit or debit cards can be accepted). For questions, please call 407-766-9849 or email lessons@FlyinFootwork.com.
DVD Review: A DVD review of the class is available for $15. The DVD contains all the core material covered in the class so you can practice exactly what you learn at home. When you register with the DVD review option, your video will be available for you when you check in on the first day of class.
Quotes and Comments
“Rob and Dawn ARE Flyin' Footwork and if you didn't have a love of dance before you meet them you will soon catch it!”
- Marilyn Singer Posted to The A-List