An all new six week version of this class!
Fast paced and fun! Shag is an energetic dance that is perfect for faster tempos. It’s really EASY to learn and this class will take you from the basics to moves, variations, and style! If you can remember “slow, slow, quick, quick”, then you can learn Shag! This series will start by teaching you a solid basic with simple turns. It will then move into flashy moves like turns on quicks, camel kicks, shag breaks, sailor kicks, and more. The series will wrap up with some style variations like sailor style shag. You’re sure to get a lot out of this series as Collegiate Shag is one of the easiest swing dances to learn!
This class is open to dancers of all levels (beginner to advanced) who are looking to learn the fundamentals of Collegiate Shag. Individuals and couples welcome. No previous dance experience is needed.
- Step by step, week by week instruction to make learning easy
- One hour of instruction per class plus a half hour of help/question time
- Learn solid lead/follow principals
- Learn moves that add style and strengthen the basics
- Concentration on dance dynamics
- Learn from experienced instructors teaching as a finely-tuned, cohesive team
- Class goal is to get you comfortable on the dance floor with the Collegiate Shag!
Price & Registration: Advance registration is now closed. You may still register for the class by showing up and paying the Day-of rate ($80) by either cash or check (no credit or debit cards can be accepted).
Please call 407-766-9849 or email us at lessons@FlyinFootwork.com with any questions.
DVD Review: A DVD review of the class is available for $15. The DVD contains all the core material covered in the class so you can practice exactly what you learn at home. When you register with the DVD review option, your video will be available for you when you check in on the first day of class.
Quotes and Comments
“Their love for Swing is contagious and keeps me coming back! From beginner to advanced they are there to help you out and make it easy! My sympathies go out to those who are missing out on the best dance studio in town!!!”
- Jessica Posted to The A-List