Add the excitement of Charleston into your swing!
This six week class will take you from the basics of Charleston to a large variety of moves and variations! It will encompass 20’s style partner Charleston, Side-by-Side Charleston, Front/Back Charleston, and Savoy Kicks. It will show you how to integrate Charleston seamlessly into your dancing no matter what style of swing you dance (Lindy Hop, East Coast, Jitterbug, etc.). This is sure to open up a whole new world in your dancing! Each class will build upon information from the previous class to continuously further your knowledge week by week. Classes will be an hour long followed by a half hour of practice, questions, and individual help. This is for dancers of all levels looking to add Charleston into their swing. No partner needed; individuals and couples welcome! Class highlights:
- Step by step, week by week instruction to make learning easy
- One hour of instruction per class plus a half hour of help/question time
- Learn the rhythm and flow of Charleston
- Learn solid lead/follow principals
- Integrate into any style of swing
- Learn from experienced instructors teaching as a finely-tuned, cohesive team
- Class goal is to get you comfortable on the dance floor with Charleston!
Price & Registration: Advance registration is now closed. You may still register for the class by showing up and paying the Day-of rate ($80) by either cash or check (no credit or debit cards can be accepted). For questions, please call 407-766-9849 or emailÂ lessons@FlyinFootwork.com.
DVD Review: A DVD review of the class is available for $15. The DVD contains all the core material covered in the class so you can practice exactly what you learn at home. When you register with the DVD review option, your video will be available for you when you check in on the first day of class.
Quotes and Comments
“My daughter talked me into coming out and I was really pleasantly surprised. As someone who danced in the 40's and 50's, I found this class to be a lot of fun, and reminded me of the "good ol days"!”
- John D. McKee Posted to The A-List